Tuesday 10 May 2022

Tuesday 10 th May 22 Travel to Poole

Bottle Knot sculpture at Hunger Hill , celebrating Poole's maritime heritage, not far from the ferry terminal 


 Happy birthday in Tenby Theresa! 

Andy and I set off from home at 6.00 pm this evening , after the usual hectic day over packing the van  with last minute items , cleaning the house (always good to come back to) and making  last minute calls and sending  texts to friends and family. Andy spent his time doing last minute sailing club business, he has  worked very hard to get stuff sorted whilst we are away . He has also  worked hard at getting the MH ready and fit to travel , well done Andy .  I always feel more relaxed and ready to adventure  after I've been in touch with  loved ones.The first week of the trip is always a  good time for getting in touch  with people I haven't been able to speak to , to catch up on their news . 

We are looking forward to this trip very much. I allowed myself  three weeks to recover from Covid at home after our hasty  departure from the Isle of Wight , the  brain fog has just about lifted and my energy levels  have picked up . Covid was a bit grim .

We  remembered half way to Poole that we had  left the headlight deflectors at home and are hoping we can buy some on the ferry tomorrow .We have treated ourselves to a day cabin with a window for the crossing ; the sea promises to be moderate, but it can change very quickly, so I will keep a close eye on the forecast tonight.

The weather coming back from Santander on the 24 hour crossing  last October was all  heaving, high  rolling waves,  and gale force 9 winds  ;  I was terrified , and  we didn't leave our cabin  ( everything was closed and locked down on board)  until  a few hours before  docking. I'm not willing to repeat the experience of rough seas if I can avoid it  so we have Flexi tickets both ways 🤞 

Relieved our friends Roger and Anne are both ok ( no mobile signal to complete their blog for a few days)  and are having a fabulous time , currently touring in France , the Ardeche looks amazing 

There are about 20 vans here already at the terminal . Andy is very tired after a 5 hour journey ( with a short stop) 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a nice calm crossing to Cherbourg. Roger

    ReplyDelete